1st Beeston Guide Company - 1945

1st Beeston Guides

The 1st Beeston Guide Company is believed to have been started in 1916 by Miss Elizabeth Stuart from Scotland.
It then met in the old National School on Station Road, which stood where the abandoned Fire Station is now.
The Company was registered in February 1919.

At the time of the photograph in 1945 and later, the Company met at headquarters on Ireland Avenue, Beeston
Miss Constance M Shipley was Captain while Miss Dorothy Reus was Lieutenant at some time in this era

Thanks to Jean Reid for supplying the photograph and the details, with assistance from Margaret Cooper

Suggestions for names are very welcome

Close this window to continue