© David Hallam - 2008
The Burnham Family in Beeston - John & Emma Burnham's grandchildren
On the previous page, we have seen how John Wilkinson Burnham and his wife Emma moved to Beeston with their family in about 1827. There he continued his established trade as a joiner. We
also explored how his sons and daughters continued the family joinery tradition - but also began to diversify, in particular by ventures into the licensing trade and the Royal Oak pub on
Villa Street specifically. Click to read about this earlier generation.
On this page, we continue with our study of the family with something of the lives of John & Emma's children - and a little about their children, in turn. Amongst these we will find publicans, a schoolmaster
and railway employees and the daughters will be seen to marry lacemakers, bakers, butchers and miners. But, throughout these generations, one constant will remain - the joinery business continued, still
based on Villa Street as it was from the day the family arrived for almost 150 years, The advertisement on the right, dated from about 1935, shows the business1 then in the hands of John Burnham, born about 1884,
the son of George Burnham and then the fourth generation to take the reigns. As we can see, there had been some diversification - both he and his father also practised as undertakers, the traditional other role of
the joiner - but the story is generally one of continuous service to a craft by a family which must have paid a significant role in helping to build and maintain large parts of Beeston in that era.
Edward Burnham's Family - as we have seen, Edward married twice. By his first wife Elizabeth (née Facer), he had two daughters. Each of them continued
to live with their father and stepmother after their mother died in 1845 and he remarried almost immediately. As each became old enough, it is very likely that they
helped their father in the Royal Oak - but both left Beeston after their marriage:
Eliza Burnham - born in 1840,by the time she was twenty, she was living with her maternal grandfather - Thomas Facer, by then a widower - presumably keeping house
for him. In 1864, she married John Wright from Carrington, Nottingham, who had first followed his father to work as a lacemaker but. after their marriage, became an engineer
- probably working on lace machines. The couple settled in Bywaters Yard in Nottingham, at first with John's widowed mother, and continued living there for many years - certainly
beyond 1891. It appears that there were no children of the marriage - certainly none that survived infancy.Edward's second wife, Ann (née Codling), had been briefly married to John Brewer and in 1834, they had had one daughter before what appears to be John's early death. By 1841,
Ann was living in Villa Street with her younger sister and another widow, getting by working as a domestic servant - a role that probably brought Edward and her together in Edward in 1845, when
they married within about three months of the death of Edward's first wife. Ann's daughter, Sarah Ann Brewer, joined the Burnham household, working in the nearby lace factories as a bobbin
winder but died, aged 23 in 1857 without marrying. A surviving memorial in Beeston Churchyard tells us of her devout Christian faith.
Emma Burnham - was born in 1842 and married John Hartley, a lace maker who lived on nearby Cross Street. After their marriage the couple took a pub on Pepper Street, Hyson Green but
Emma died in 1879, aged only 37 - again, a childless marriage. After just over a year, John remarried,and became the landlord of the Fox & Crown Inn on Church Street, Basford, Nottingham.
Together, Edward and Ann had at least seven children, all born in Beeston and baptised in the Wesleyan Chapel, then on Chapel Street:
Edward Burnham - the oldest son, was born in 1846 and, like most of the men in the family, trained as a carpenter and joiner. In 1867, he married Mary Bond, then aged 18, but not
before their youngest daughter was born a month or two earlier. The couple seem to have been helped by Mary's parents and appear to have moved to Long Eaton - where her father was a platelayer, later an
inspector, on the railways - and it was there that their first two of their children were born. By 1870, however, they had moved back to Beeston and were living on Denison Street - then a new development -
with Edward working as a carpenter and joiner. Whether or not he was working for his father, this arrangement did not last long as, by 1873, Edward had moved his family to Basford, just north of the
centre of Nottingham, and - following a formula that had worked for his father - took over as landlord of the Shoulder of Mutton pub on Radford Road.2 This change of career seems to have been
succesful as he continued at the Basford location for over 20 years before moving to the Horse & Jockey pub in Bulwell Market Place. As the eldest son with experience in the licensed trade, it would
have perhaps been expected that he would have taken over from his father when he retired from operating the Royal Oak in Beeston in the mid-1880s; in the event, it was taken over by his brother-in-law,
Alfred Elliott - it seems that Edward's horizons stretched beyond Beeston.
Martha Burnham's Family - as we have seen, Martha did not marry but had one daughter:
Click here to see photographs of Edward Burnham
- and here for Mary Burnham
Click here to see photographs of Abel & Sarah Bond
Edward and Mary raised eight children :
Sarah Ann Burnham - born in Long Eaton, Derbyshire in 1867 - married George Day, a Basford baker who worked with his father. For a brief period, he followed his uncle,
Arthur Burnham, in running the Commercial Inn, on Wollaton Road, Beeston - serving a similar area to the Royal Oak - but soon returned to the family bakery business, and had took over its running after his father retired. The couple
raised seven children.
George Burnham - the second son, was born in 1848 and worked all his life as a joiner, the main member of his generation to operate in the family business5 - although his uncle William and his sons would also have been involved during that
era. In 1869 he married Mary Hannah Hudston, the youngest daughter of Francis, a Beeston coal dealer - and later a smallholder - and his wife Sarah. The couple had six children:
Click here to see photographs of Sarah Ann Burnham
- and here for Sarah Ann with her husband, George Day and son Edward Burnham Day
Edward Burnham - was born in 1868, also in Long Eaton, Derbyshire - was a plumber by trade. In 1892, he married Frances Mary Taylor who had been born into a Roman Catholic household in 1869.3 A short time after her birth, her
mother had died and she had been taken in by William Daycock (a Basford milk seller) and his wife Ann, who became her adoptive parents. After their marriage, the couple moved to Mansfield, Notts where they raised five children.
Maud Mary Burnham - was born in 1870 after her parents had returned to live in Beeston. In 1899, she became the second wife of John Norton Hickman who had been left with five children when his first wife died in 1897. John was a
self-employed butcher who traded in premises in the Market Place, Bulwell - near to the Horse & Jockey pub where Maud was living - and probably working - with her parents. Maud was twelve years younger than John - and only twelve years
older than his eldest child - but nevertheless took on the role of wife and instant mother to five and - by 1901 - had added at least one son of her own to the family.
Elizabeth Emma Burnham - was born in 1873, around the time that the family left Beeston for Basford.4 She married William James Clarke in 1893, a short time before the birth of their first child - who tragically died within days. The couple went on to
raise at least three further children. William was a self-employed lime burner who worked with his father at Quarry Road, Bulwell where the couple made their home.
Abel Burnham - named after his maternal grandfather, was born in Basford in 1878. By 1901 he was working as a plasterer's labourer.
Arthur Burnham - was born in Basford in 1880. By 1901 he was working as a butcher's slaughterman - more than likely for his brother-in-law, John Norton Hickman.
Percy Burnham - was born in Basford in 1883. In 1901 he was boarding in Defford, Worcestershire where he was working as a railway clerk.
Ethel Annie Burnham - born in 1885 in Basford, was still living at home with her parents in 1901.
George Arthur Burnham - born in 1870, continued the family tradition as a joiner. By 1905. he - probably in conjunction with his father - had however, diversified as an undertaker. This route for diversification was traditional in the joinery trade,
probably because of the ability to provide a coffin and cart for simple funerals for those unable to afford the more formal. He and his wife Sarah Ann are themselves remembered on their memorial in Beeston Cemetery.
George died in 1910, survived by his wife who died in 1927. They are remembered on a modest memorial which survives in Beeston Cemetery
Francis Edward Burnham - born in 1872, became a plumber, adding another dimension to the family trade skills.
Annie Elizabeth Burnham - was born in 1875 and, by 1901, was still with her parents working on her own account as a dressmaker. In 1919, however, she became the second wife of William Torrance, a local greengrocer. He died four years later but
Annie lived on as his widow for over 47 years, and died in 1971, aged 95.
Aaron Burnham - born in 1878, became a painter - yet another building trade diversification within the family.
Albert Burnham - was born in 1882. Unusually, for the family, he went into the lace trade, joining Pollards as a draughtsman.
John Burnham - born in 1884, following family tradition, he was apprenticed as a joiner by 1901.
Mary Burnham - was born in 1850 and, in 1871, married Richard Wheatley, a butcher from Nottingham. By 1891 they were living at the newly fashionable Queens Road, Beeston and, for a time, took in Mary's father, by then a widower in
deteriorating health. Richard later acted as a co-executor (with George Burnham) of his father-in-law's estate. Richard, who died in 1933. aged 83 and Mary, who died in 1939, aged 88, are remembered on a memorial in Beeston Cemetery. The couple had five children :
Arthur Wheatley (b. c1873) who became a plumber, Horace Wheatley (b. c1878), Frank Wheatley (b. c1882), Ethel Minnie Wheatley (b. c1890)
and Athol Lewis Wheatley (b. c1892).
Arthur Burnham - was born in 1853. In 1879, he married Emily Martin, the second daughter of David - a lacemaker - and Elizabeth Martin who lived then on Chapel Street, Beeston. Around 1888, Arthur took over the Commercial Inn on
Wollaton Road but this did not last long as, by 1891, he had moved his family to Radford, Nottingham and was looking for work as a joiner. The couple had two children:
Emily Burnham (b. c1882) and Arthur J. Burnham (b. c1888).
Elizabeth Burnham - was born in 1855 and, in 1878, married Alfred Elliott, the youngest son of Edwin Elliott, a lace maker, and Hannah who were then living in Chilwell but had started their married life in Tewkesbury and had been amongst several families who moved to Beeston
from Tewkesbury in the mid-1840s to take advantage of the employment opportunities then emerging in the lace trade. Hannah (née Hart) was born in Tewkesbury in about 1809 and, interestingly, claimed descendency from William Shakespeare6. Before his marriage, Alfred
had found work in a printing works in Preston, Lancashire where he first lived with his brother's family. By the time of their marriage, Alfred was working as a printer's assistant in the Bradford area of Yorkshire and it was here that Elizabeth and Alfred
set up home. However, by 1884, they returned to Beeston to take over the running of the Royal Oak from Elizabeth's father. This change of direction was, it seems, particularly successful as Alfred, a popular and respected local figure, was to continue there as licensee, assisted by his
wife and family, until his death in 1912. The couple are shown in the photograph on the left, probably taken shortly before Alfred's death in 1912. Such was his local standing that at his funeral at Beeston Cemetery, the family mourners - in six carriages - were joined in tribute by many prominent citizens from the civic and
business communities, the route was lined along its length and over 600 citizens attended the cemetery itself. An full account of the funeral was printed in the local paper and was repeated the following week, such was the popular demand locally.
Elizabeth, with the loyal help of her daughters, continued to run the Oak, possibly until her death in 1933. By then, much of the energies and resources7 of the next generation, as we shall see, were directed towards a butchery business on the High Road family but the license at the Royal Oak was continued by
their youngest son Harold Burnham Elliott until his death in 1944.
Alfred and Elizabeth are remembered on a memorial in Beeston Cemetery. They had six children:
Alfred Elliott - was born in Bradford about 1879. In 1909 he married Sarah Eaton, the second daughter of Richard Eaton, of West Bridgford, a farmer, originally from Derbyshire, who had previously farmed at Risley and in Toton and his wife Sydney who originated from Stapleford. Alfred started his career as a butcher with William
Herbert George who then operated two shops in Beeston - at 62 City Road and at 127 Queens Road. By 1913 Alfred had taken over these two shops8 and was trading on his own account and was on his way to building a business which was to become a firm favourite with Beeston families through two generations and for over 75 years. During
World War 1, staff shortages forced the closure of the Queens Road shop and, by 1920, he was trading exclusively from the shop at 47 High Road, Beeston, a prime trading position on the corner of Villa Street - see picture on the right9 - where he and his sons continued to trade until 1964. His wife, Sarah died in 1933 and Alfred died
suddenly in February 1947 - apparently after clearing snow during the very hard winter of that year; They are remembered on a memorial in Beeston Cemetery. The couple had four children:
Click to see more photographs from the Elliott family album.
Marjorie Elliott - was born in Beeston in 1909. After school she worked in the millinery trade, first at Meakins in Beeston Square and later at Cullens in Carrington Street in Nottingham. She then began helping her father in the butcher's shop, become even more involved after her mother died in 1933 and joined her brothers
when they took over following their father's death in 1947. She never married and, after their retirement in 1964, moved with her brother to live in Whatton-in-the-Vale where she died in 1975.
Bertie Elliott - born in 1882 in Bradford was, like Alfred, nevertheless brought to Beeston to be baptised in the Parish Church. He joined the LMS Railway as a sheet checker, was working as a railway clerk by 1901 and finished his career with the company - in all some 45 years - as an accounts collector at Nottingham. He was highly regarded as a cricketer with
a career with Beeston Town Cricket Club notable mainly for his bowling prowess - but also as a useful bat. During the 1914-18 war he served for 2½ years with the Royal Engineers, assisting with the operation of a light railway on the Somme. During this time he survived a torpedo attack when the HMS Lydia - packed with troops and railway equipment was hit. He was a
stalward for over 50 years at Queens Road Methodist Church where, except during his war service, he served as secretary from 1901 until his death. He was a Trustee of the church for many years and had attended a meeting of that body on the evening before his sudden death in 1953. In 1908 he married Lillie Gertrude Timmins from Staffordshire and had two children - Dorothy, who
was on the staff of the Clerk to Beeston & Stapleford District Council and who married Robert Marvin, and Alfred Joseph who moved to Essex. His memorial, and that of his wife who died in 1963, can be found in Beeston Cemetery.
Rosalind Elliott - was born in 1914 and died, aged four in 1918. She is remembered on her parents' memorial in Beeston Cemetery.
Alfred Richard Elliott - was born in Beeston in 1915 and joined his father in the family butchery business at 47 High Road. In 1940 he married Gladys Evelyn Hankinson. After War service, he rejoined the family business which, after their father's sudden death in 1947, he continued to run in partnership with his brother William with the help of their
sister Marjorie. In 1964, the partnership was dissolved and Alfred closed the High Road shop and continued the business from premises on Chilwell Road, at the corner of Hall Croft. He died in 1989, followed by his wife in 1992.
Click to see more about the Chillwell Road shop.
William Eaton Elliott - born in 1918, was also part of the family butchery business, joining his brother in partnership after their father's death in 1947. He never married and he and his sister retired in 1964, moving to Whatton-in-the-Vale where he died in 1995.
Lily Ann Elliott - was the first to be born - in January 1894 - after the family's return to Beeston. She and her sister Emma assisted their parents in the Royal Oak. In 1924, she married George Herbert James, a widower who worked as a railway clerk. She died in 1969, aged 85 and is buried in Beeston Cemetery.
William Edward Elliott - was born in about 1886, first worked as a joiner but later became a plumber, moved to Sheffield, married and had two children. He died there in 1953.
Emma Elliott - was born in about 1888 and died in 1976, having never married. Along with her sister Lily, she assisted her parents with the running of the Royal Oak.
Harold Burnham Elliott - born in 1891, married Mabel Bignall, daughter of a lace maker, in 1920. He started his career in the lace industry, becoming a lace designer but, after the death of his mother in 1933, took over the licence at the Royal Oak and ran it until his relatively early death in 1944 - although his widow lived on for a further 46 years. Their only
daughter, Kathleen, born in 1922, died unmarried in 1961. Harold was also a cricketer of note, once taking 10 wickets for 23 runs for Chilwell Cricket Club - and was presented with the ball.
Aaron Burnham - born in 1857, was very much the exception in the family, in that he did not follow a trade but chose to be a school teacher. By 1881 he had moved to Weelsby, a village in north Lincolnshire where he had found a teaching post. In 1886, he married Miriam Dobson - a
marriage which was to end in sadness a year later when Miriam died as a result of giving birth to their only child, Charles. Aaron continued to teach in the Grimsby area of North Lincolnshire assisted at home with the young Charles by a servant, Kate Moore - whom he was to marry
John Burnham - who was born in 1860 has not been identified after 1861.
Mary Burnham - was born in 1841 and died unmarried in 1859. Her memorial survives in Beeston Churchyard.
Elizabeth Burnham's Family - Elizabeth married James Bates in 1841 but was widowed in 1844. Elizabeth herself died in 1857. However, in the short interval of the marriage, the couple had two children:
William Bates - was born in 1842 and, initially at least, became a joiner within the Burnham family,
William Burnham's Family - with his wife Eliza, William had six children:
John Bates - born about 1843, was brought up by his grandparents but eventually moved to Bradford, Yorkshire where he married and operated as a carter.
William Burnham - was born in about 1849 but is not identifiable after 1861.
Emma Burnham's Family - Emma was the youngest daughter of John Wilkinson Burnham and his wife Emma. As we have seen, she married Henry Belfield, a baker, in 1845. The couple had seven children:
James Burnham - was born in 1850 and followed the traditional family occupation by becoming a joiner and remaining in the trade throughout his life10. In 1871 he married Ada Mills, the grand-daughter of Edward Mills, a basket-maker from West Leake,
Notts. Together they had five children, all born in Beeston:
Ernest William Burnham - was born in 1873 and worked as a lace maker. In 1895 at Beeston Parish Church, he married Mary Hooton Goodhead who was the daughter of a Manchester grocer but who had been working in Beeston as a servant. The couple had at least one child:
Eliza Burnham - who was born in 1856 has not been identified after 1871.
Ernest Goodhead Burnham - was born in 1910 who first married Edna Taylor in 1932 and then, after her death, Ivy Lilian Whiting in 1940. Ernest was a builder who, during the late 1930s built the row of houses which now makes up 174-214 Wollation Road Beeston.
Edith Kate Burnham - born in 1874, died in 1878.
Eliza Anice Burnham - was born in 1877 and worked in the lace trade until her marriage to Walter Berryman Holmes in 1902. Walter was a foreman at Beeston Boiler Company for virtually all his working life and the couple lived on City Road during that time. An undated modest
memorial from their children survives in Beeston Cemetery.
James Arthur Burnham - was born in 1883 and took up the family trade as a joiner - and apparently by 1902, was in partnership with his father. In 1902 he married Ellen Spray, the third daughter of Frederick and Mary Spray.
John Edward Mills Burnham - was born in 1885 and was employed as a printer's clerk. He married Harriet Baker in 1907
Emma Burnham - born in 1858, was a winder in the local silk and lace factories until her marriage, in 1885, to Samuel Fox, a mill engine driver. The couple lived at 55 Middleton Street, Beeston after their marriage and took in he father after he became a widower. Husband and wife
died in in 1932 and 1945 respectively and are remembered on a memorial in Beeston Cemetery.
Martha Burnham - born in 1862 and married William Stevenson in 1882.
Sarah Ann Burnham - born in 1866, married John Hallam, a firemen at a coal mine, and moved to Radford, Nottingham.
Emma Belfield - was born in about 1847 in Radford, Nottingham where, for some reason, the couple had married and lived in the early months of their marriage. She was, however, baptised at Beeston Parish Church in 1849, along with the couple's second child. By 1871 she was working as a governess
in the household of Charles - a land owner, farmer and Mayor - and Constance Brobant (or Broadbent) in Latchford, Cheshire. She served this family faithfully for upwards of twenty years before moving on to serve in the household of Edward (a cotton manufacturer) & Margaret Greg (who was probably related to the
Mrs Broadbent) in Styal, Cheshire, apparently as a domestic nurse. We have not been able to find any further trace of Emma but it is likely she did not marry.
John Burnham's Family- John and his wife Sarah (née Cook) - who he married in 1855 - apparently had only one child:
Ann Belfield - was born in about 1849 in Beeston - where she was baptised with he younger sister in the same year. This date seems to mark the return of the family to Beeston. In 1872, she married Robert Baguley but died in 1876, apparently as a result of childbirth with their only child, Ann
Belfield Baguley. After his wife tragic death, Robert moved away - he can be found working as a domestic butler in Matlock in 1881 - and their daughter Ann was brought up by her maternal grandparents, staying with her grandmother after she was widowed in 1887
Henry Belfield - was born and died in 1854.
Martha Elizabeth Belfield - born in 1855, married John Lee, a lace maker, in 1877. The couple settled first in Cottage Grove, Chilwell before moving to Middleton Street, Beeston during the 1880s. The couple had five children:
Thomas H Lee (b. c1879), John Harold Lee (b. c1885), Emma Ellen Lee (b. c1887), Albert Own Lee (b. c1889) and Catherine Lee (b. c1890).
John Henry Belfield - as Henry and Emma's eldest surviving son, born in 1859, it fell to him to continue the family bakery business on Chapel Street, Beeston - working first as his father's assistant and taking over after his father's death in 1877. In 1879, he married Pamela Murden, originally
from Keyworth, Notts who had been working as a domestic servant at the time of their marriage. John Henry died in 1929 and his wife in the following year and are remembered on a surviving memorial in Beeston Cemetery. The couple had one child:
Henry Belfield - born in about 1889, joined his father in the bakery business, was in partnership with him by 192011, at the latest and took over after his father's death in 1929.
Thomas William Belfield - born in about 1861, went into the joinery trade - presumably apprenticed to the Burnham family. In 1889 he married Selina Pare and set up home in Cottage Grove, Chilwell, Notts. The couple had one child:
Thomas Henry Belfield - born in 1893 and killed in action while serving with the Grenadier Guards on the Western Front, on 23 April 1916.
Catherine Mary Belfield - born in about 1864, married Henry Moss, a coal miner, in Attenborough in 1890. The couple moved to Heanor, Derbyshire and later to Henry's native Smalley, Derbyshire and raised at least three children:
Henry Belfield Moss (b. 1891 in Heanor), Frederick Moss (b. c1893 in Heanor) and Emma C Moss (b. c1895 in Heanor)
John Edward Belfield - born in 1858 and died, aged 30 months, in 1860 and remembered on a surviving memorial in Beeston Churchard.
Click to read about the The Previous Generation of the Burnham Family
Click here to go back to the beginning
1"The Business" may be an over-simplification as it seems that, for much if not all of the time, different family members ran their own part of an overall "family business". The
advertisment is also interesting as it states that the business - that is, the family's involvement in joinery - was established in 1817. This presumably refers to John Wilkinson Burnham's original business
started in Clifton and transferred by him to Beeston about 1827.
2The Shoulder of Mutton was situated on the corner of Radford Road and Valley Road (now part of the Nottingham Ring Road) and across the road from Basford Gas Works. It appears that the previous
landlord was George Offiler who founded the well known brewery. The site is now occupied by a MacDonalds.
3Her father was Joseph Edmund Taylor. At the time of his wife's death and Frances Mary's birth he was running the Warren Arms, a beerhouse on Derby Road, Nottingham. About two years later, he
married his barmaid and had three further children. By 1901 he was working as an accountant's clerk.
4It is presently unclear whether she was born in Beeston or in Basford; the evidence from census returns varies and the Registration District for both locations was the same at that time. She was, however, baptised at Beeston
Parish Church in August 1873. It is interesting that the next child is not born for another five years - during which time, presumably, Edward and Mary were focused on establiishing their business in Basford.
5His involvement with the business can be tracked in a series of Wrights Directories, throughout the 1880s. Curiously, he is shown then in partnership with Aaron Burnham (e.g. in 1885 as "George & Aaron" in 1885) - which seems unlikely, given
that his brother of that name was working as a school teacher in Lincolnshire at that time and his son of the same name was only about 5 years old at the time of the first entry in 1883.
6Details of this are on the Claims to Fame page (Opens in a new window)
7By the time of Elizabeth Elliott's death, these resources included property she owned at 16,18 & 20 Bramcote Road, Beeston and 90 (occupied by her son Bertie's family), 104 (occupied by her daughter Lily's (Mrs George H James) family & 106 (occupied
by Elizabeth herself and by her daughter Emma) on Denison Street, Beeston and property at 6 & 8 Park Street, Beeston built by her son Alfred in 1932 on land previously owned by her.
8There is some confusion about the location of William Herbert George's shops compared with those acquired by Alfred Elliott. At the time of both the 1891 and 1901 census, George was operating from 80 High Road (which is on the south side
and near to Regent Street. By 1905 (per Wrights Directory), he was operating from Queens Road and from Commercial Buildings (in the Square). In Alfred's obituary (1947), it is stated that he took over "Mr George's two shops at 114 High Road and Queens Road" and that
"the shop in the High Road continued to operate and has done so ever since". If this implies that George sold all his shops to Elliott, this is not so as he was still trading in the Square in 1920. The Queens Road shop clearly matches but the 114 High Road does not
appear to match the on-going location at 47 High Road - unless the premises were renumbered over the years.
9This picture is from a paper bag which was carefully preserved by the writer's mother for many years. It is assumed that she must have traded at Elliotts in the 1930s. The 1913 and 1920 shop locations are derived
from contemporary entries in the local Wrights Directories.
10In both 1902 and 1905, his business is shown as "Burnham & Son (James), Joiner. Villa Street". This appears to refer to James (b.1850) and his son James Arthur (b.1883).
11Wrights Directory of Nottingham & Neighbourhood, 1920 - J Belfield & Son, Bakers & Confectioners, 22 Chapel St, Beeston.
All information relates to the specific individual and/or family shown
and and does not necessarily relate to other individuals or families with the
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that information is as
accurate as possible, as in all genealogical research, users should satisfy
themselves as to its accuracy.
We do not knowingly include information relating
to living individuals.