Burial Register - St John the Baptist Parish Church - 1795 to 1799
Other years are available on the linked pages.
The registers of St John the Baptist Church - Beeston's Parish Church - began in 1558
and include a complete sequence of burials in the Churchyard up to the present day, except
for two leaves covering the years 1611 to 1637 which are missing and there are only a few entries for the ten years
up to 1653 - the Civil War years. Few entries occur after 1888, when the
Churchyard was closed except for burials in existing graves. Since that date, most burials have been in the Cemetery on Wollaton Road.
The Register for 1593 to 1594 records the burial of 137 victims of the Plague who are
believed to have been buried in the "Plague Hole" at the east end of the Churchyard.
The original Registers are held at Nottinghamshire Archives. Copies of the original register
entries are available on microfiche for reference at the Archives and at the Beeston and
Nottingham Libraries as well as other locations. A part transcription, which will be
completed over time, starts below (1795-1799) and continues from 1800-1805 and, after a gap which is currently being transcribed (as time
allows), from 1835-1861 on the linked pages. Later transcriptions will be added in due course.
Please note that, in most cases, the gender of the person has been derived from his/her name as, in
most cases, the information is not specifically provided in the Registers. Where ages are recorded in the registers,, they appear
in various formats; this is particularly the case with the ages of very young children. These have been standardised for presentation
purposes; where necessary, a note has been added to provide clarification. Earlier registers are less formal than later ones
and often omit ages entirely. All recorded data is included in the transcription.